When you’re following a program like the Whole30, it can be easy to overcomplicate things. After all, there are few things more satisfying than mastering a difficult recipe and sharing it in all its glory on your Instagram! 🙂 However, sometimes when you’re in the middle of big lifestyle changes, you need to simplify your meals once in a while. That’s what my Whole30 Beauty Bowl is all about.
Why a Beauty Bowl? Believe it or not, I did not call it a “beauty bowl” because of its vibrant colors (although they are definitely beautiful in their own right). Rather, the meal is packed with vitamins that promote beautiful skin, good vision and a healthy immune system. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and is filled with flavor. You’ll want to add this one into your rotation!
Some would call this an “ingredient meal” because it barely requires a recipe, just ingredients! However, today I’ll share my method for a flawless (and delicious!) beauty bowl. This recipe feeds one person, so you’ll want to make sure you adjust your ingredient quantities accordingly!
Whole30 Beauty Bowl
- 1 sweet potato diced
- A few handfuls of broccoli slaw mixed package of broccoli, carrots and cabbage
- Cooking fat of choice
- Rosemary to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Handful of blueberries
- Heat up your oil of choice over medium heat. (I used extra virgin olive oil.)
- Add in chopped sweet potato and broccoli slaw.
- Drizzle on a little extra cooking fat, and sprinkle on rosemary and salt to taste.
- Let cook on medium for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When finished, add in blueberries and hard boiled egg.
Let me know what you guys think! Please share and subscribe to my blog for more recipes, Whole30 resources and other goodies! 🙂