For those of us on the January Whole30, can you believe it’s finally Day 14? Now that I’m no longer having sugar withdrawals, I’m starting to see the light and feel some of the positive effects of the program. My energy levels are always fairly low for the first couple weeks of the Whole30, so it’s important for me to have meals that are easy to prep and throw on the pan on those days when I just want to #KillAllTheThings.
That’s why this paleo stir-fry has always been a go-to of mine! I keep things really simple buy purchasing frozen cauliflower rice ahead of time (Birds Eye Steamfresh is a great option I can find in most grocery stores), but feel free to make your own by popping some cauliflower in the food processor. This recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free, Whole30-friendly, and paleo-friendly!
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (any color – I like to mix them up, but you can do all one color)
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Birds Eye Steamfresh Riced Cauliflower (or equivalent of other brand / homemade)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut aminos (or more, to taste)
- Optional: Salt and garlic to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in chopped peppers and carrots. Let cook while microwaving frozen cauliflower rice.
- Pour in cauliflower rice, add ginger, and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Create space in the center of the pan, and crack both eggs. Scramble gently, break up the eggs, then mix back in with the rest of the veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut aminos and stir. Let cook for another minute or two.
- Serve and enjoy!