Easy Whole30 Sweet Potatoes – Perfect for Thanksgiving!
Get excited, friends – Thanksgiving is almost here! You might not have realized that, with all of your neighbors’ Christmas decorations already up, but it’s time to break out your favorite stretch pants and start fighting fellow shoppers for the best turkey in the store. (At least I think that’s how people celebrate?) 🙂
In all seriousness, Thanksgiving is a time to remember all of the wonderful things you are thankful for, and in my case, I’m thankful for being able to spend the holiday with my family. I’m also thankful for this easy and fabulous sweet potato dish I’m about to share with you today!
I’ve always loved sweet potatoes, but I’ve never really understood why people were so quick to add sweeteners and marshmallows to theirs. Aren’t sweet potatoes sweet enough on their own? My method takes very little time to make, includes no added sugars, and is so simple that I almost feel guilty calling it a recipe. I love to make these sweet potatoes when the weather starts cooling down – it’s a great way to warm up for breakfast, lunch or dinner! They are also paleo and Whole30 compliant. How much better can life get?
Easy Whole30-Friendly Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups applesauce unsweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peel your sweet potatoes and roughly chop into a few medium-sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add in your sweet potato pieces. Cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Drain, then add the sweet potato pieces to your food processor.
- Pulse until it starts to reach a desired consistency.
- Add in applesauce, and pulse again.
- Add in cinnamon, then pulse one more time.
- Transfer to bowl, add a little more cinnamon for garnish (optional), and serve.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Please share and subscribe to my blog for more recipes, Whole30 resources and other goodies!