TRIGGER WARNING: Discussion on Mental Health and Suicidal Ideation
Today’s guest is Hailima Yates, the founder and CEO of Luv Mrk and author of the new book Dissolving the Anchor: Untethering Dysphoria and Self-Doubt to Create an Empowered Life.
In this episode, Hailima shares her mental health journey, her own struggles with suicidal ideation, and how she developed a life of purpose. We discuss:
- The power of forgiving ourselves
- How to pursue true happiness
- Fostering healthy relationships in our lives
- Ways to support friends and loved ones who may be struggling with mental health challenges
- How those in marginalized groups can practice self-care and protect their energy
- Why it’s important for us to keep sharing our stories
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
Connect with Hailima
- Book: Dissolving the Anchor: Untethering Dysphoria and Self-Doubt to Create an Empowered Life
- Websites: LuvMrk.com and hiyates.com
- Instagram: @hiyates
- Facebook: facebook.com/hiyates
- Book Review
- Mental Health Resources from Hailima’s website
- 15 Ways to Be an Ally/Friend
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I may receive some small compensation for purchases made.