Do you have an inner narrator, and what does that voice say to you?
In this episode, I’m chatting with Valerie Gordon, author of “Fire Your Narrator: A Storyteller’s Guide to Getting Out of Your Head and Into Your Life.” Valerie is also an Emmy Award-winning producer and the founder of Commander-in-She, a communications and career strategy firm.
Valerie and I talk about those inner narrators we all have – the critical narrator, the people pleasing narrator, the arrogant narrator, and so many more – and how our inner narrators can sometimes cause us to self-sabotage. We also discuss how we can map our own inner narrators, the importance of forgiving ourselves for past mistakes, why conflict isn’t always a bad thing, and internal language we can use to set ourselves up for success.
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
Connect with Valerie Gordon
- Book: Fire Your Narrator: A Storyteller’s Guide to Getting Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
- Website: Commander-in-She.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/CommanderInShe/
- Instagram: @commanderinshe
- Twitter: @commanderinshe
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/valeriejgordon/
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I may receive some small compensation for purchases made.