Are we addicted to being “busy,” and if so, how can we redesign our lives to feel wild and free again?
This week, we are chatting with Mel Miles, international health expert and author of the book Soulcation: Design a Life You Don’t Need a Vacation From. After working at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and helping to launch the global effort to eradicate malaria, Mel found herself hospitalized from a panic attack. In her new book, she shares her healing journey and explores ways to take your life back in the midst of burnout and anxiety.
In this episode, Mel shares how we can redesign our lives around the things we love to do on vacation. We talk about the differences between numbing rest and restorative rest, the power of creating a happy list, rewriting our limiting beliefs, and ways we can incorporate more pleasure and play into our daily rhythms. She shares a lot of practical tips throughout our conversation, so I encourage you to listen back to this episode again and take notes!
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
Connect with Mel
- Website: TakeASoulcation.com
- Instagram: @takeasoulcation
- Book: Soulcation: Design A Life You Don’t Need a Vacation From
- Courses and Tools
- Podcast: Soulcation with Mel Miles
- Get 30% off your Zencastr Pro account here: https://zen.ai/wellnessandwanderlust