Hey there, readers, and happy new year! I hope everyone had a fabulous time celebrating with friends and family, and that you are all settling in nicely to
2015 2016. (I think it will take me until about March to get that right!)
The new year has been treating me well so far, and I’m looking forward to all the opportunities and adventures ahead. To kick things off, let’s dig into the first Link Love of 2016!
- Back in my babysitting days, I learned that Caillou is the worst children’s show of all time. It turns out I’m not the only person out there who hates Caillou!
- I loved Gossip Girl (crappy ending and all), so I enjoyed this fun article about where the characters probably are now. 🙂
- The most messaged woman on OkCupid shares her tips for choosing your online dating pictures.
- Young Victorians used these suggestive calling cards to get women into bed, and you have to admire them for trying.
- A Jewish girl told her non-Jewish boyfriend that Jews do not keep trash cans in their kitchens (which is a total lie), and when he turned to Reddit for answers, he received some fantastic responses.
- Clarks Condensed shares an inspiring list of ideas for random acts of kindness!
- Speaking of being kind to others, I wrote a post for the holiday season about the importance of acts of kindness, big and small.
- In case you missed it, check out my recipe for green beans — you won’t regret it!
- Most recently on my bucket list, I was able to check off a visit to the planetarium, which was an awesome experience!
Things I’m Loving Lately
- Aziz Ansari’s Netflix show Master of None. This show is incredibly accurate for twenty-somethings, and the episode about the crazy things that women have to deal with really hit close to home for me.
- This amazing Whole30 compliant Thai Curry recipe. I’ve been making it at least once a week.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Amazing page-turner so far!
What awesome links are you finding this week? Share your latest link love in the comments section below!