What is sex and love addiction, and what does the recovery process look like?
This week, I’m chatting with Brianne Davis, an actress, director and producer, podcast host and author of Secret Life of a Hollywood Sex and Love Addict. In our conversation, Brianne and I discuss what sex and love addiction is, and many of the misconceptions around this type of addiction. We talk about trauma bonding, mistakes we are making in the dating world today, how our early childhood experiences play into sex and love addiction, and the compare and despair trap that comes from our social media.
Brianne most recently starred on the History Channel’s Six and has also appeared on shows like Lucifer, Casual, Rosewood, True Blood, The Mentalist and more. With more than a decade of recovery as a sex and love addict, Brianne is the host of the popular mental health podcast Secret Life and recently published her best-selling book on the topic as well.
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
Connect with Brianne
- Instagram: @thebriannedavis
- Website: SecretLifeNovel.com
- Book: Secret Life of a Hollywood Sex and Love Addict
- Podcast: Secret Life Podcast
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I may receive some small compensation (at no cost to you!) for any purchases made. This helps keep the show running!