Happy Saturday, readers! With a busy start to the month of September, I’ve been enjoying a quiet weekend to relax, reorganize, and regroup. We’re in the midst of Virgo season, and next weekend will be a lot less low-key as I celebrate my birthday!
For those who are new to the blog, every year I create a new bucket list of things I’d like to do before my next birthday. I think it’s a great way to prioritize the things you want to see and do, and having the list always gives me something new to look forward to. I’m in the process of creating my 28 at 28 bucket list, which will be posted soon on the blog (please comment with your suggestions!), but I also love to recap the previous year and all of the adventures that took place.
You’ll notice that I didn’t check off everything on my list this past year. During that time, I was juggling work with a challenging second year of grad school, so time for myself was limited. I did experience other exciting adventures, such as throwing the first pitch at a UCF baseball game, attending the most adorable goat stampede, getting splashed by the penguins at SeaWorld (my first visit to the park since childhood), hosting a volunteer meal-packing event, taking an impromptu trip through St. Augustine, and much more.
27 at 27 Bucket List Recap
Travel to New Orleans for our annual mother-daughter trip. My mom and I traveled to New Orleans from 1/12 to 1/15/18. Check out the recap and travel tips here!
- Visit the Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge in Lake Nona. I didn’t make it out there this year, but it will be on the list for 28.
- Take a class at Total Wine. See above.
- Travel to St. Petersburg to visit the Salvador Dalí Museum. A trip is in the works very soon! Stay tuned.
Visit a salt room for halotherapy. Tried halotherapy for the first time at Antidote Apothecary & Spa on 11/18/17 and felt amazing! I have since been back for other visits. Check out my recap of the experience here.
- Spend the day in Miami. This was another one that was hard to schedule this year because of school and limited time in South Florida.
Take a boat tour of Winter Park. Took a tour on 8/26/18 and had a great time. I learned a lot about the area’s flora, fauna, and history. Hang out with the flamingos at Flamingo Gardens. Visited Flamingo Gardens with family on 3/31/18. 🙂 I also was nearly attacked by a peacock. Graduate from my MBA program. Graduated from UCF on 5/5/18 – we did it!
- Take a bioluminescence tour. Someday!
Complete another round of Whole30. Accomplished this! I started my Whole30 on 5/14/18 and have been living a more healthy post-graduate lifestyle ever since.
- Go on a ghost tour through Downtown Sanford. This one is in the works!
Visit New York City. Visited NYC from 10/6 to 10/9/17. Check out the recap here! Host a tea party. Hosted a birthday tea party for my 27th birthday at AntiquiTEAs in Winter Garden on 9/17/17. What an amazing way to celebrate!
- Go kayaking in Wekiwa. Outdoor adventures were limited because of allergies and other concerns.
Visit the Maitland Art Center. Visited the Art Center, History Center, chapel and grounds on 6/3/18. Take a post-graduation vacation. Took a trip to Seattle and Victoria, BC, from 7/11 to 7/15/18. See my recap of Seattle here and my recap of Victoria here! Attend a performing arts show. Attended Godspell and saw my friend, Danielle, perform on 7/22/18.
- Visit the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey. Stay tuned!
Pursue public speaking opportunities. I did a lot of public speaking this year, but a few highlights include serving as a panelist at UCF Career Fest, speaking at the Graduation Reception for the Burnett Honors College, serving as a panelist for new PMBA students at their orientation, and being a guest speaker for Athena Women Empowered at UCF. Take a limo cycle tour.Went on a pedal pub adventure around Downtown Sanford with my MBA class on 10/21/17.
- Finish an old writing project. This was hard to embark on in the midst of graduate school, but I did begin dedicating a lot more time to writing this year, especially on my blog.
Get my writing published somewhere new. I wrote two articles for STRIVE Magazine on financial wellness.
- Take a DIY class. Maybe next year!
Stroll through the Albin Polasek Sculpture Gardens. Visited on 11/10/17. Recap coming soon! Tour the Stetson Mansion in DeLand.Visited on 11/19/17 for the Christmas tour — so beautiful!
- Visit the Orlando Eye. Coming soon!
What suggestions do you have for 28 at 28? Sound off in the comments below!