One of my favorite birthday traditions is to share my annual birthday bucket list here on the blog. Creating these lists always gives me a sense of purpose and some excitement as we embark on a new year, and I love being able to bring each of you along on those adventures.
This past year was especially challenging for me. Between a global pandemic and some difficult personal events I’ve been going through for a while, it was hard to find joy in the small moments and really prioritize the fun parts of life. This realization brought me back to the reason I began making these lists in the first place, and I’m excited to focus on the positive again in the coming year. I truly believe that the best is yet to come.
In the past, I’ve structured these lists based on the age I was turning that year, but I’ve come to realize that at a certain point, it won’t be manageable to keep adding. (If I keep this up at 50, I’ll have to squeeze in one bucket list item nearly every week!) Because of that, I’ve decided to keep my number of items between about 25 and 30 moving forward. 🙂
Check out this year’s list and let me know any suggestions you have! You can always follow along here throughout the year to see how I’m doing. Stay tuned for blog posts about many of these adventures as they arise!
2021-2022 Bucket List
- Take a road trip.
- Visit The Casements in Ormond Beach.
- Explore more of the Florida Mural Trail.
- Snap selfies at Wall Crawl.
- Visit a lighthouse I’ve never been to before.
- Explore the Snap! Orlando City Unseen spots in Downtown Orlando.
- Go on a turtle walk.
- Bring back our annual mother/daughter trip.
- Go to a restaurant for Magical Dining Month.
- Embark on a SunRail progressive dinner.
- Take an art tour at the Alfond Inn.
- Attend a Creative City event.
- Go to a botanical garden I’ve never been to.
- See a movie at the Enzian.
- Venture out to Sarasota.
- Go axe-throwing.
- Rent a swan boat at Lake Eola.
- Tour the UCF Arboretum.
- Grab a bite to eat in Boxi Park.
- Get my writing published somewhere new.
- Enjoy a spa day.
- Take a boat tour of Mount Dora.
- Go to a U-Pick farm.
- Try out a brand new workout.
- Celebrate 100 podcast episodes.
Let me know what you’re working on this year! Share what’s on your bucket list in the comments section below.