The past few years have taught me just how important our friendships are. Having those people you can turn to in times of need is one of the best feelings in the world, and I am especially honored to have some of those wonderful people in my own life.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the meaning of friendship lately, but it just so happens that my friend Robert crafted a beautifully-written blog about it this week. On the flip side, I happen to be obsessed with famous quotes (see here and here), and I thought I would transfer that love back over to this week’s Friday Five. Enjoy and feel free to post your own favorites in the comments section below!
The Friday Five: Friendship Quotes
1. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
2. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” – Winnie the Pooh
4. “Don’t look for big things, just do small things with great love. The smaller the thing, the greater must be our love.” – Mother Teresa
5. “A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.” – William Arthur Ward
Question to readers: What is your favorite friendship quote?