What is “post traumatic growth,” and how can life’s setbacks and challenges actually propel us forward?
This week’s guest is Dr. Jordyn Feingold, physician and well-being researcher who integrates positive psychology into medical education and practice. Dr. Feingold is also the co-author of the new book, CHOOSE GROWTH: A Workbook for Transcending Trauma, Fear and Self-Doubt, one of the first positive psychology books aimed directly at coping with and growing from pandemic life, with Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman, PhD.
In our conversation, Dr. Feingold shares the science behind post-traumatic growth, and how life-altering events can challenge us to view the world differently. We talk about how to stay grounded in difficult times, the power of boundary-setting, ways to become more resilient, tips for improving our self-esteem and challenging our self-limiting beliefs, and why growth is truly a choice.
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
Connect with Dr. Feingold
- Instagram: @jordynfeingold
- Book: Choose Growth: A Workbook for Transcending Trauma, Fear and Self-Doubt
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jordynhfeingold/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordyn-feingold-a7528163
- Twitter: @jordynfeingold