Happy November, friends! It has been a while since I popped onto the blog to share any content not focused on the podcast, but I’m excited to give a little life update this weekend. As longtime readers may know, I compile an annual bucket list of adventures I hope to embark on before my next birthday. Some years are more eventful than others — and often, my priorities change! — but it’s so fun to set goals for myself and find new things to look forward to.
My 31st birthday was no different. I loved putting together my list last year and crossing new things off as new experiences arose. Of course, I didn’t get to everything on my list (you’ll see the recap below!) but I also had experiences I’d never dreamed of. Some highlights not listed here: winning a leadership award and receiving recognition from the state, exploring roadside attractions like the giant orange in Umatilla, taking a trip to the World Equestrian Center and getting a private tour of the UF stadium, and so much more.
Below is my recap of my list from 2021-2022. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these and if you have any recommendations, especially for the ones I didn’t complete! 🙂
2021-2022 Bucket List
Take a road trip. I took overnight trips to Ocala, Cocoa Beach, Tallahassee and Sarasota and had such a blast on each of them! Visit The Casements in Ormond Beach. My dad and I took a guided tour of The Casements on 10/4/2021. Such a cool hidden gem!
- Explore more of the Florida Mural Trail. I’m sure I did see some murals on my trips this year, but I wasn’t actually intentional about exploring the trail this time around.
- Snap selfies at Wall Crawl. I tried to schedule this one, but had to cancel a few times because of unforeseen circumstances. I will eventually make it out there!
Visit a lighthouse I’ve never been to before. I climbed Ponce Inlet Lighthouse (the tallest lighthouse in Florida!) on 3/13/2022. Explore the Snap! Orlando City Unseen spots in Downtown Orlando. I saw the immersive mural by BOYKONG at Visit Orlando on 8/16/2022. So cool!
- Go on a turtle walk. Timing-wise, this did not work out in the 2022 season. I am going to try to plan farther ahead for 2023!
- Bring back our annual mother/daughter trip. We did take our trip, but it was shortly after my birthday – stay tuned for the recap!
Go to a restaurant for Magical Dining Month. I went out for a delicious dinner at Tapa Toro in ICON Park on 10/11/2021. Do not skip out on the meatballs!
- Embark on a SunRail progressive dinner. This will take a lot of planning, but I am still dying to do this!
- Take an art tour at the Alfond Inn. On the list for 2022-2023!
Attend a Creative City event. I attended JOYBOX in Downtown Orlando on 10/10/2021 and absolutely loved the immersive experience! I also attended Dazzling Lights at Leu Gardens in December 2021 for the second year in a row and it is quickly becoming a favorite holiday tradition.
- Go to a botanical garden I’ve never been to. This did not happen, but I did visit botanical gardens that I have previously been to!
See a movie at the Enzian. I went to the Enzian to see Spin Me Round on 8/31/2022. So fun! Venture out to Sarasota. I traveled to Sarasota from 1/20 through 1/22/2022, where I toured the Siesta Key Rum Distillery and visited the Ringling!
- Go axe-throwing. I still need to do this!
- Rent a swan boat at Lake Eola. We tried to do this, but arrived too close to the closing time because of traffic – will regroup when weather permits!
- Tour the UCF Arboretum. I planned a trip but had to cancel for work purposes.
Grab a bite to eat in Boxi Park. I visited for the first time on 4/21/2022 and absolutely loved my burgers. I’ll definitely be back!
- Get my writing published somewhere new. I didn’t prioritize my writing as much this time around but hope to change that in the year ahead.
Enjoy a spa day. I booked a spa day at the Ritz Carlton for 8/7/2022. The energy healing treatment was so lovely! Take a boat tour of Mount Dora. I toured Mount Dora on the 1-hour pontoon tour by Rusty Anchor on 11/13/2021. So fun!
- Go to a U-Pick farm. Forgot about this one during the appropriate seasons!
Try out a brand new workout. Embarked on a 30-day squat challenge from August 1-30, 2022. My legs are still burning! Celebrate 100 podcast episodes. Published Episode 100 on September 2 – what an exciting milestone!
Stay tuned for my 2022-2023 bucket list, coming soon to a theater near you. Let me know if there’s anything I should think about adding for this year!