Ep 59: Leading With Empathy with Erin Thorp
How can we practice more empathy in our personal and professional lives?
This week, we chat with Erin Thorp, leadership coach and author of Inside Out Empathy. In our conversation, Erin and I talk about the role that empathy plays in our communication and leadership styles, and why emotional intelligence is so important for leaders to develop. She shares ways we can improve our empathy muscle without taking on the feelings of the entire room, tips for navigating difficult conversations, handling conflict with our superiors, and how we can lead with empathy without being taken advantage of by others.
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says
Connect with Erin
- Website: ErinThorp.ca
- Book: Inside Out Empathy
- Instagram: @elthorp
- LinkedIn: Erin Thorp Coaching
- Facebook: facebook.com/erinthorpcoaching
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I may receive some small compensation for purchases made.