Is it really May? Living in self-isolation, I’m not even sure anymore, as evidenced by last week’s tweet:
The state is beginning to open back up, but I’m still cautious about going on too many outings at this point. At home, I’ve been keeping busy with some good books, my reiki healing 101 class, daily kickboxing, and virtual catch-ups with friends and family. On most days, I still wear normal makeup and clothes – I’m even keeping up my Rent the Runway orders so I can look cute on Zoom calls! (I’m no fashion blogger, but I am strongly considering blogging some of my RTR picks.)
As I continue to adjust to my new way of living, I’m still here to share some of my favorite reads from the last month (or two? Who knows anymore?).
- Looking for ways to make the most of your time in quarantine? Check out my recent collaboration with 14 bloggers and podcasters, who share their tips for navigating this new normal.
- If you’re as big of a Crockpot fan as I am, you’ll love this slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe. I seriously can’t stop making it!
- Speaking of slow cooker recipes: have you tried my plant-based chickpea curry yet? If not, what are you waiting for? 🙂
- Museum curators worldwide took part in this challenge to share their creepiest objects. All of these are scary, but the plague mask may give me nightmares.
- If you’re a millennial like me, you grew up learning life lessons from Mr. Feeny on Boy Meets World. In honor of Teacher Appreciation Day, William Daniels/Mr. Feeny shared this message. I promise I’m not crying.
- This German Shepherd, Sarge, takes care of orphaned fawns as if they were his own pups! Check out the pics for a cuteness overload.
- Did you know you could play Cards Against Humanity online? What a perfect way to spend your next virtual happy hour!
- For college students struggling financially right now through COVID-19, I shared a few tips with The Simple Dollar for their college guide to navigating coronavirus.
- New Podcast Alert: My friend Whitney Gonzalez of CityWhit recently launched the Develop Your Dream podcast, which explores self-development topics from a Hispanic perspective. Her podcast has some great guests and is a wonderful way to start your morning, so be sure to check it out where you get your podcasts!
What links are you loving lately? Sound off in the comments!