Happy October! To me, there’s always something poetic about the first of the month taking place on a Monday. It feels more than ever like the time to begin anew, and I’m excited to see where the month takes us. September was a great month — I spent time with family, celebrated my birthday, checked a few items off my 28 at 28 bucket list, took a mini vacation, made an on-field appearance at a UCF football game, practiced yoga with baby goats, and much more — so here’s hoping the adventures continue in October.
What have you been reading lately? Check out some of my favorite links from September and share your own favorites in the comments section.
- Many of us want to be more environmentally conscious, but we aren’t sure where to start. On her blog, Jamie shares four documentaries (all available on Netflix) that will give us food for thought and help us all live greener lives.
- As everyone in my life keeps reminding me I’m getting closer my thirties, I’ve been reading up on these 25 essential life skills you should master by age 30. I’m getting pretty good at most of these, but am severely lacking on #3, #10, and #19. 🙂
- The month of October kicks off a new round of Whole30 for me, so I will definitely be testing out some of these easy Whole30 one-pan meals.
- With so much misleading marketing out there, it can be hard to pick out the right skincare and cosmetic products. Christopher Cupcakes demystifies 10 common skincare terms in this extremely helpful post.
- How do you deal with stress? Mind Body Green outlines the perfect stress-busting techniques for highly sensitive people who need help to unwind.
- Pop over to Musings of a Wanderer for five ways to live a more positive life. I especially love #4!
- I rarely hike here in Central Florida, so I loved learning more about the Shingle Creek trail at Orlando Unplugged. It even made its way onto my 28 at 28 list!
- I’m obsessed with my new ring, The Feline, from Civion. You can get this piece and other adorable accessories for 25% off with my promo code VALERIE25!
- Last weekend, I took a last-minute trip to St. Pete for some much needed R&R. Check out my blog recap and travel guide here.
- As a Trader Joe’s fan, I will definitely be shopping some of these fall products soon!
What links are you loving this month? Sound off in the comments below!