During times like these, community and connection are more important than ever before. In this episode, we speak with Kelly Astro, Director of the Horizon Scholars Program at Valencia College in Orange County, Florida, all about the power of mentorship from an early age. We talk about how mentorship can positively impact both the mentor and mentee, the health benefits of giving back, and how we can best serve our youth during the pandemic.
We also talk about how listeners can get involved in mentorship programs like Horizon Scholars, and Kelly shares the Bruce Springsteen song that most inspires her these days.
Horizon Scholars is part of Take Stock in Children, a mentorship program in the state of Florida that pairs low-income high school students with mentors and provides resources to prepare them for college or technical programs after graduation.If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with Horizon Scholars
- Website: Horizon Scholars
- Email the Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Kelly: email@example.com
- Instagram: @horizonscholars
- Facebook: facebook.com/valenciahorizonscholars
- Twitter: @ValenciaTSIC
- Take Stock in Children Website