Now that we’re halfway through January, how are everyone’s New Year’s Resolutions holding up? Normally by now, I’d be back to my usual deviant habits, but so far my 2019 Happiness Project is going strong! My focus for the month has been to boost my physical health, and I’ve been doing that in a few different ways: embarking on a round of Whole30 (it’s getting easier!), tackling those nagging tasks to clear up “brain clutter” (we’ll talk about that in a future post), and even by simply acting more energetic when I may not feel that way. I’ve been more successful in some areas than others, but I’m happy to share that I am starting to feel a lot healthier than I have in a long time.
Of course, in the midst of all of these changes, I’ve been doing a lot of reading! Check out my latest link love below and be sure to drop your own favorites (along with a resolution you’re working toward!) in the comments section below.
- Millennial burnout is a real thing, and I’ve never felt more validated than I did by this article. It’s a longer one, but well worth the read.
- According to Smithsonian Magazine, tea drinking was once considered irresponsible and reckless for women. Guess my mom and I are the two most irresponsible and reckless people I know!
- In case you’re planning a trip to Miami, check out my recent guide to the beautiful Art Deco Walking Tours.
- One man built a miniature village for a family of mice living in his garden. Cuteness ensues.
- As a writer who loves Nora Ephron (may she rest in peace), I absolutely loved this New York Times article on the art of rom com dialogue.
- What’s on your Central Florida bucket list for 2019? Ten local bloggers shared their favorite local hidden gems on a recent collaboration, so be sure to check it out!
- Guys — are you stuck on a Valentine’s gift? Check out these fun accessories from Civion and use the code VALERIE25 for 25% off your order!
- Looking for ways to travel more sustainably? Asia from Dreams to Plans has you covered!
- If you’re looking to add more wine to your life, check out Courtney’s recent guest post on the Island Grove Wine Company at Formosa Gardens in Kissimmee.
- According to Inc.com (and me, independently of this article), open-office plans are officially the dumbest management fad of all time.