So I’m sprucing up my human resources essay when I decide to check my blog reader to see which of my bloggers has updated today. Imagine my surprise when I find out I’ve won the Very Inspirational Blogger Award, all thanks to the lovely Julie Gabrielle Ann at Of A Writerly Sort. What a huge honor! This has been such a wonderful year in blog excitement — last month I won the Versatile Blogger Award and later this year I’m hoping to speak about my blogging experiences at an upcoming conference. Tonight’s award is an amazing opportunity and I couldn’t be more excited! 🙂
In order to accept the award, I must list seven fun facts about myself and then nominate seven additional bloggers for the award. As you know, I still need to nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award as well, so I’m going to hold off on tonight’s nominations because I want to give them a little more thought.
In the meantime, here are seven things you might not know about me!
1. My favorite Spice Girl was always Posh (Victoria), but to this day I have never owned a Gucci dress.
2. I love planning big events (even when they’re stressful!) and hope to integrate them into my life someday. My favorites have been my Open Mic Night fundraisers, Triwizard Tournament, Random Decades Party and of course my annual Christmukkah extravaganza.
3. If my life suddenly turned into some idealized romantic comedy film, it would consist of me gallivanting around a big city to a Perry Como/Louis Armstrong/Frank Sinatra/The Smiths soundtrack. I would own my own bookstore and wear a lot of sundresses and embody some strange combination of Audrey Hepburn, Meg Ryan and Taylor Swift.
4. When I’m on the bus, I like to observe all the different types of people around me. When someone really catches my attention (in a good way or bad!), I tweet about them.
5. I write my own jokes. My friends make fun of me for them because they’re incredibly cheesy, but they’re definitely good conversation openers!
6. When I grow up, I want to be Mindy Kaling.
7. I ran for Secretary of my fifth grade class with the slogan “Vote for Val, she’s your pal.” Ten years later, I am the Secretary in my organization in college- but sadly, no campaign slogan!
Thanks again for the wonderful award! Stay tuned for a future post with my nominees for this award.