According To The Movies, True Love Is…
In keeping with our romantic comedy theme from yesterday’s post, I thought it would be entertaining to poke fun at some more of the film and television relationships we love. Before I continue, I have to admit that a few of these come from some of my favorite movies, but I love being able laugh about them all. Without further adieu:
According to the movies, true love is…
- Vowing to turn the nerdy girl into a beautiful prom queen until you give her contact lenses and a haircut and then realize she was beautiful all along. (She’s All That)
- Finding the one who will rescue your cat in the rain after you let it out of the car during a tantrum. (Breakfast at Tiffany’s)
- Lying about your age to your English teacher and making him think the girl he’s falling for is a high school senior when you’re actually 25 years old. (Never Been Kissed)
- Trading your girlfriend for a hotel, sleeping with her arch-nemesis, and then asking her to prove her love for you atop the Empire State Building. (Gossip Girl)
- Losing your ability to speak and then realizing that you can still win the prince’s heart with your looks. (The Little Mermaid)
- Getting engaged to your employee to avoid getting deported to Canada and then marrying him anyway because you bonded with his crazy grandmother. (The Proposal)
- Knowing that your sometimes-enemy and business rival is also your anonymous email pen pal, but still asking her to meet you for a date in the park. (You’ve Got Mail)
- Getting on a boat to Paris with the guy who tried to ship you off there in the first place. (Sabrina)
- Inviting at least 20 young women (mainly account coordinators, dental assistants and aspiring models) to compete for your affections on TV over the course of several weeks and enjoying romantic moments with each before deciding that your “real feelings” are for the girl that audiences hate the most. (The Bachelor)
What has the media taught you about “true love?”
6 Replies to “According To The Movies, True Love Is…”
You forgot this one: Hookers marry rich guys. Pretty Woman.
Can’t believe I forgot that one! Too funny.
Haha love this! I was smiling all the way from beginning to end.
Thank you so much! 🙂 I’m always happy to hear that!
I hate your blog! Watch out valerie, mwahahaha!
Watch out for what?