Happy New Year to my lovely readers!
Every year, I aim to read as many books as possible to expose myself to new genres, de-stress and inspire my own writing. Below are the books I have read this year. Please comment below if you have any questions, book suggestions, etc. I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I will! 🙂
I noticed that a lot of my blogs are based on the books I read, so I will also provide links to those when they arise.
Books I’ve Read in 2019
- The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Contentment, Comfort, and Connection by Louisa Thomsen Brits (1/6/19) — March 2019: Happiness Project Recap, April 2019: Happiness Project Recap
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur (1/8/19)
- Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (1/13/19)
- Judging a Book by Its Lover by Lauren Leto (1/19/19)
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison (2/1/19)
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown (2/12/19) — Your Health in Action: 5 Wellness Books Worth Reading
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (2/16/19)
- The Clothing of Books by Jhumpa Lahiri (2/17/19)
- 101 Secrets for Your Twenties by Paul Angone (2/18/19)
- Atonement by Ian McEwan (2/25/19)
- The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory (3/6/19)
- Queen’s Own Fool: A Novel of Mary Queen of Scots by Jane Yolen & Robert J. Harris (3/12/19)
- Isn’t It Pretty to Think So? by Nick Miller (3/21/19)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (3/29/19)
- On Being Awesome: A Unified Theory of How Not to Suck by Nick Riggle (4/4/19)
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (4/9/19)
- Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey (4/18/19)
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane (4/20/19)
- Oh, Florida! How America’s Weirdest State Influences the Rest of the Country by Craig Pittman (4/28/19)
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily and Amelia Nagoski (5/5/19)
- Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells (5/30/19)
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (6/1/19)
- The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand (6/5/19)
- The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (6/10/19)
- Micro-Resilience: Minor Shifts for Major Boosts in Focus, Drive, and Energy by Bonnie St. John and Allen P. Haines (6/26/19)
- Loving Frank by Nancy Horan (7/7/19)
- The Final Swipe by Nikki Novo (7/28/19)
- The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg (8/5/19)
Books I’m Currently Reading
1. Quiet by Susan Cain — Things I’m Loving Lately: Your 2018 Holiday Gift Guide
Read the recap for 2011 here.
Read the recap for 2012 here.
Read the recap for 2013 here.
Read the recap for 2014 here.
Read the recap for 2015 here.
Read the recap for 2016 here.
Read the recap for 2017 here.
Read the recap for 2018 here.