How can service dogs transform the lives of veterans with PTSD? In this episode, we’re about to find out!
Today’s guest is Lauren Davis, Manager of the Service Dog Program at Southeastern Guide Dogs. This nonprofit organization provides skilled service dogs to veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder and other disabilities.
Lauren shares all about the Service Dog Program and why it is so important for the veterans who participate. We learn about the difference between guide dogs, service dogs and emotional support dogs; what the training process is like; how service dogs can change lives; and so much more. Lauren also shares her top tip for training our own dogs at home!
June 27 was National PTSD Awareness Day, which affects more than 8 million people in the United States alone. Hearing the stories of these veterans and their service dogs will truly inspire you!
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!
Where to Find Us
- Listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Listen on Google Podcasts.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Visit the official podcast page on Anchor, with links to other apps, including Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic and Breaker.
Connect with the Show
- Website: WellnessAndWanderlust.net
- Instagram: @wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Facebook: facebook.com/wellnessandwanderlustblog
- Twitter: @moses_says