Happy July, readers! I hope the summer is treating everyone well and that you are finding fun ways to beat the heat. Grab a cold beverage, crank up the air conditioner, and tune into this week’s batch of link love to entertain yourself on one of those days when you just can’t bear to go outside. 🙂
- Fashion designers in the 1930s predicted that we’d be wearing outfits like these by the year 2000. I think we could all use an electric belt to adapt the body to climactic changes. (I think it’s also important to have that headlight to help “find an honest man,” but I guess we have flashlights on our iPhones and that’s kind of the same thing.)
- Speaking of fashion, Who What Wear has an excellent guide to defining your personal style.
- As a former career counselor, I couldn’t help but laugh at these spoof interview tips.
- Looking for summer reading? Check out Modern Mrs. Darcy‘s suggested books based on your Myers-Briggs personality type!
- I’m moving to a new apartment in a few days, and I’m obsessed with this new pineapple trend.
- Seriously, I love pineapples.
- In case you missed it, check out my recent blog making fun of the diet industry!
- I loved this article and TED Talk about how to use mathematical principles to get the things you want in life, love and your career.
- The Girl Scouts turned down a huge donation from a donor who demanded it not be used on a trans girl. It is so refreshing to see an organization so committed to the acceptance of all girls.
- My latest guest blog for Career Camel discusses the different ways you can take advantage of the summer to propel your career and college goals forward.
What are some of your favorite links from the last week? Share your Internet findings in the comments section below!