I hope this week’s Link Love finds you well! Can you believe how quickly the summer is flying by? When I was in high school, I always felt a sense of dread around mid-July, when the new school year seemed to be looming all too closely. Nowadays, I work year-round, but I will never forget the way I felt as I watched the summer slip away. For those of you who have a break from school or work this summer, hopefully you are finding ways to make the most of your days off – away from the computer!
Of course, when you do stop to check Facebook and your favorite blogs (wink, wink), be sure to enjoy some of our latest Link Love!
- What do Sir Mix-a-Lot, Backstreet Boys and Alanis Morissette have in common? Their songs can teach us valuable lessons about public speaking!
- It may be summertime, but that doesn’t mean you have to put your career on the back burner! Career Camel offers five tips for college students to prepare for their careers this summer.
- My sister sent me this amazing article about what it’s like to watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone for the first time as an adult.
- If you’re a fan of Orange is the New Black, you’ll enjoy this interview with Selenis Leyva, who plays Gloria Mendoza.
- As a dog lover, I couldn’t help but laugh while reading this list of 30 things that only dog owners understand.
- This article basically sums up all of my opinions about Melissa McCarthy and the roles she plays.
- Vulture has compiled a list of the best romantic comedies since When Harry Met Sally hit theaters in 1989. (I agree with a lot of these, but was sad to see that You’ve Got Mail wasn’t on the list!)
- Attention college students! Whether you’re completely clueless about personal finance or you’re simply looking for ways to pinch pennies, you’ll love my latest guide on managing your money in college.
How are you spending your summer? Any great links you’ve come across this week? Feel free to share in the comments section below!