“Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
This morning, I was devastated to learn about the passing of great American author and activist Maya Angelou. I first fell in love with her powerful writing during my sophomore year of college, when we read her poetry in a women’s literature class, and that love soon extended to her other noted work. Maya Angelou was truly an inspiration to so many of us, and I firmly believe that her work will continue to empower women and men alike for years to come.
- If you haven’t heard Maya Angelou recite her own poetry, I highly suggest you do so. This reading of Still I Rise will give you the chills!
- CBS News collects some of Angelou’s top quotes and tweets.
- One more list of Angelou’s wonderfully inspirational quotes, courtesy of ABC News.
- If you could speak to your heroes, what advice would they give you? Sarah from Yes and Yes compiles the sage wisdom of some of her own heroines.
- On a lighter note, as a resident of Central Florida, I enjoyed this list of the seven deadly sins of theme park visitors!
- For my fellow introverts, learn how to communicate effectively in the workplace by turning your introversion into an asset.
- People are unnecessarily critical when it comes to the dietary choices and restrictions of others. This was an interesting read on why we are so quick to judge vegetarians and vegans.
- Want to create the perfect resumé? Avoid these seven clichés.
- One employee’s vacation request was accidentally forwarded to the entire company. Then the entire Internet responded.
- I love The Little Mermaid as much as the next 90s kid, but this list of horrible lessons learned from the film is definitely worth a chuckle. (It’s amazing to look back at the gender roles in Disney films as an adult!)
- Abercrombie and Fitch has definitely gotten into some hot water over the past few years, but it seems that some changes are finally being made in an effort to resurrect the brand’s image.
- Allow this sweet song to brighten your day.