Whew – this month is flying by! I can’t believe that the first quarter of the year is almost up. At my job, this means that event season is about to pick up, and with that comes all of the craziness involved with packing, planning, commuting and a dash of public speaking. Of course, that means that now is as good a time as any to take a deep breath, log onto my RSS reader and enjoy some good old fashioned link love. I’ve got some great articles for you this week!
- In honor of Twitter’s 8th birthday, plug in your Twitter handle at this site to see your very first tweet!
- I couldn’t help but laugh when I read Chelsea Fagan’s list of 25 things you catch yourself saying seriously when you start your career. I’m only a year into mine, but I’m constantly “checking my calendar” to schedule lunch dates and promising to “touch base” with people. (Recently, I developed a newfound appreciation for Office Space as well!)
- Forbes recently posted three powerful ways to stop wasting time.
- If you’re starting a healthy new lifestyle and in need of a boost, check out Motivate Your Plate, an inspirational blog focused on health and fitness. The posts are motivational and upbeat, and best of all, the blog is written by a former classmate/cheerleading teammate of mine! This recent post was probably my favorite so far.
- Did you know that you can now donate your voice?
- My wanderlust has been reawakened with these 32 places that actually exist on earth and are not Photoshopped. Who wants to hop on a plane with me? 🙂 (Thanks for the link, Branden!)
- After reading these facts, you won’t look at these 50 books the same way ever again. (As a side note, Peter Pan is a much darker story than we all remember!)
- Another BuzzFeed article: Some history on Maleficent and the gender roles in various adaptations of Sleeping Beauty. I’m a huge nerd when it comes to this sort of thing, so it was interesting to learn about some of the earlier versions of the story and the less “feminine” aspects of one of my favorite villains.
- I do love a good superhero movie, but these are some of the ugly lessons they teach.
- Oh, and if you haven’t already, be sure to check out my recent review on Masik Collegiate Fragrances – they are amazing!
What are some of the great links you’ve come across lately?