Now that everyone is winding down from their Valentine’s Day sugar highs, it is time for another round of link love! Below are some of the latest Internet highlights (according to me) – as always, feel free to add your own in the comments section!
- Studies suggest that elephants are capable of empathy. Fascinating article that shows how we can measure a quality like empathy in animals.
- Charlie Chaplin’s only book has just been published for the first time, and as strange as it may sound, I am dying to read it!
- A woman was recently jailed for not returning a movie she rented nine years ago. (Sad to think that video stores are few and far between these days, but at least there aren’t as many late returns!)
- One artist recreated famous scenes from R-rated movies, depicting them as children’s book illustrations. (My favorites are from Donnie Darko and Pulp Fiction!)
- Watch a herd of bunnies chase a girl in Japan down the street. I have never seen so many bunnies in one place!
- People are always quick to criticize Barbie for the effect she supposedly has on young girls’ body images. Here are Barbie’s latest anti-feminist faux-pas.
- We all look up to superheroes, but if we emulated everything they do in our daily lives, we would come across as pretty creepy.
- James Franco is going to direct a film about the production of Tommy Wiseau’s horrible cult classic The Room. I will definitely be seeing this one!
- Food brands are promising increased “energy” to consumers in their recent ads. (The interesting part is that a lot of these foods are high in sugar and plenty of bad chemicals, even if they do market themselves as healthy.)
- Finally, for today’s heart-warming story, this chicken and this two-legged chihuahua are the best of friends.
What are some of the great links you’ve seen on the web today?