Hope everyone is having a beautiful week and a lovely October – I know I am! With the fall now here and the weather finally beginning to cool down, it’s time to lounge outside on the porch and check out some of the latest interesting links to hit the web. Enjoy!
- Happy belated birthday, R.L. Stine! If the Goosebumps books were ever part of your childhood, you’ll want to read some of Stine’s best quotes about horror, writing and growing up.
- Speaking of literature, Cosmo put together this great article about why Pride and Prejudice‘s Mr. Darcy sucks. (No, really.)
- In order to help furloughed workers during the government shutdown, one credit union in Portsmouth is crediting government service members with the direct deposit they would otherwise miss out on. As a credit union employee, I’m a sucker for a good credit union story!
- These 11 mindblowing facts will completely change your perspective on the world.
- Think you’re weird? You probably are, but apparently so is everyone else.
- Construction workers speak out against Miley Cyrus in her new video, Wrecking Ball. Hilarious CollegeHumor video for anyone else (read: everyone on the planet) who thought Miley’s video was a tad ridiculous.
- Were females the original cave artists? Some signs point to yes.
- All Groan Up provides an excellent translation guide for what twenty-somethings actually mean when they say some of the darndest things.
- We often look at the ways that media objectifies women, but what about men? As “hunkvertising” becomes more popular, it is also becoming more controversial.
What are some of the interesting articles you’ve picked up this week?