What do you get when you take a very full work calendar, a birthday and a series of federal and religious holidays? A blogger who forgets to post Link Love for a few weeks! 🙂 Hopefully today’s round-up of posts about topics ranging from Generation Y to jet lag won’t disappoint.
- Millennials (those of us born between the late 70s and mid-90s) have gotten a lot of criticism over the years for being self-centered and “entitled.” The negative qualities of Generation Y seems to be a hot topic these days, but this apology video raises a lot of interesting points! I agree with a lot of what this video says, especially as someone who thinks that the millennial criticism is a little overdone.
- Dressing to impress? Check out this list of tips that every fashionista should know.
- I try to be well-read and informed through my annual 50 book challenge, but this article on how to read more provides some great advice for someone looking to broaden their horizons.
- Let’s face it – there are a lot of crazy people in Florida. @_FloridaMan is a Twitter page about “the world’s worst superhero,” which basically includes headlines that include the words “Florida man” throughout the state’s news. Follow his Twitter for a good laugh!
- Remember Lee and Morty Kaufman from the Swiffer commercials? Check out this article about the two 90-somethings that viewers fell in love with. So cute!
- This salary counter will help you calculate what salary you would need to make to have a similar standard of living in a different city. (I was shocked when I calculated what my salary would need to be if I moved to Manhattan!) Great tool for anyone considering relocating.
- Do you have a healthy body image? This article can serve as a helpful reminder whenever we’re a little hard on ourselves!
- The new Miss America has received some criticism from India based on her skin color, which brings up an interesting debate between cultures about what defines beauty.
- Love to travel? Gala Darling put together an excellent article on beating jet lag!
Read anything interesting lately?