Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! I can’t believe the first week of fall semester is about to begin, and for the first time ever, I’m not enrolled in classes! Coincidentally, my schedule at work happens to be at its busiest yet, only to get crazier next week. Because of that, I find it more important than ever to uncover some interesting articles and links to de-stress and maintain a fresh perspective! 🙂
- Over the past three months at my job, I’ve developed a newfound appreciation for public relations/office buzzwords! We all have our favorites — from “synergy” to “outside the box,” these words creep into our vocabulary more than we care to admit. I love listening for these words in meetings, and I’ll bet you will too after reading this list of the most overused buzzwords and marketing speak in press releases!
- Can you believe it has been 10 years since The O.C. premiered? Mashable has compiled a list of the 10 things the show taught us about high school romance. (A long-time fan of Seth Cohen, I couldn’t resist reposting this!)
- This season of The Bachelorette may be over, but that doesn’t make this link any less exciting! One software engineer created a website that allows users to form their own Bachelor/Bachelorette brackets much like people would for college basketball. Is this something you would try out next season?
- As 20-somethings, we constantly hear about the mistakes our age group makes or the negative impact we have had on culture, but this article instead discusses the things we should take away from our twenties and how our actions will define us (positively or negatively).
- Mindy Kaling, one of the writers I admire most, provides life advice for teens.
- “What does a stem cell burger taste like?” you ask. Well, researchers have figured out how to use the stem cells taken from a cow to create a lab-produced burger, and it could help feed people meat in a healthier and possibly more ethical (let’s not argue this!) way. (As interesting as it sounds, I think I’ll stick to my mostly plant-based diet!)
- If the thought of a stem cell burger grosses you out, try this delicious recipe for “fried” honey bananas. They taste a lot like plantains but are much healthier and definitely a favorite among me and my roommate!
- In other news, I’m officially all signed up to attend the Florida Blogger & Social Media Conference on September 21. Are you?
What are some of the best articles you’ve come across lately?