With a new week comes a slew of new articles, some more terrifying than others! This week, Mental Floss unveiled photos of 11 horrifying Soviet playgrounds, which have probably ruined many a childhood and will keep you from going to sleep tonight. (You’re welcome.) Let’s take a look at this week’s round-up!
- In memory of writer and director Nora Ephron (When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, You’ve Got Mail… all of your favorite romantic comedies), who passed away last year, PR Daily published some of her best quotes from the years. If you’re a writer or a fan of her movies, take a look at these quotes for some inspiration.
- Looking for an inexpensive way to spend time with your significant other? This date night jar has some cute ideas, and you can always customize it!
- Ever wanted to use a really great comeback, while still remaining true to your Disney roots? Now you can! My favorite comeback on this list is probably “Gaston, you are positively primeval.” I hope that someday I can use that one on someone! (Want more Disney articles? Click here.)
- The Office aired its series finale on Thursday last week, an episode that nearly brought me and several of my friends to tears. My mom forwarded me this Huffington Post article that does a beautiful job of exploring the episode’s themes and its best quotes.
- Nutella may have narrowly avoided a PR scandal after some legal retaliation to the fan-created Nutella Day. Luckily, it seems like your favorite chocolate/hazelnut spread is safe!
- Jann Wenner, co-founder of Rolling Stone, recently promoted his 22-year-old son to run the publication’s website. Nepotism or no? Check out his interview with Adweek about his son’s role in the company throughout his life.
What are some interesting articles you’ve stumbled upon this week?