Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today marks the first day of May, and in honor of the new month, I am rolling out a brand new feature on this blog: Link Love Wednesdays! It’s the middle of the week – couldn’t you use a little pick-me-up? Every Wednesday, I will post links to articles/lists/blogs/etc. that piqued my interest that week, and share them with each of you. Have you read anything great this week?
- Dove’s Campaign for True Beauty is well-received by consumers, but how effectively does it actually sell Dove products? This study shows how a video can go viral, but still might not work well as an advertisement.
- With graduation coming up for many of us, we may need to learn a few tricks about how we can fake being adults (until we really make it, of course!).
- By decoding a person’s body language, you can figure out their motives and use that to your advantage! Gala Darling provides a fun-to-read guide on how to use body language to get whatever you want.
- Are you a tea lover like me? Adagio lets you create your own “character-infused” tea blends, inspired by characters in books, movies, television shows and other fandoms.
- It’s not easy being beautiful. Mental Floss reveals seven of the most terrifying beauty practices in history.
- We’ve all gone through those stressful periods of time (especially in college!) when things seem too overwhelming for us to handle. Sarah from Yes and Yes talks about some of the ways we can stop psyching ourselves out in stressful situations.
- We are obsessed with closure, but there are times when we just won’t get the closure we think we deserve. This blog talks about our expectations versus reality and why closure often doesn’t exist.
Enjoy the links!